The RISE experience is your opportunity to gain practical knowledge of your major and intended career within specified courses. It is an academic and professional development program that challenges undergraduates in four areas of growth: research, international, service learning, and experiential learning. The RISE program puts you in a unique position to not only have a better understanding of your own identity and personal growth by way of continued reflection but also to enhance your learning and understanding of your local, national, and global surroundings. RISE courses allow you to:
- Gain cultural experience at home or abroad.
- Work with a neighborhood organization.
- Participate in an internship or field work opportunity.
- Produce new knowledge or works of art.
- Participate in a meaningful research project with a professor.